Saturday, May 13, 2006

Since I Began the Wiki Watchdog (Update)

I thought it might be interesting to review some of the events of my days since I posted "Since I Began the Wiki Watchdog," and strongly advised readers not to donate to Wikipedia until it institutes key changes to reduce the effects of Wikibullying, Wikiwolfpacking, Wikimobbing, Wikistalking, Wikietcetera. (see: Is Wikipedia Handing Out Your Browsing Information to Thousands?):






  1. The Google cache page for QLRS - Criticism : AT'ang Canon Vol. 3 No. 4 Jul 2004 has disappeared again. Because this has not been done by Google (nor, apparently, a legitimate administrator of QLRS's server), the following default listing again appears:
    Welcome to my Website!
    www.qlrs.com/critique.asp?id=367 - 1k - May 11, 2006 -
    Cached - Similar pages

    (see: page 1 of Google search)

  2. The StatCounter for the Wiki Watchdog counted only "Unique Visitors" (rather than "Page Loads") until late yesterday evening when it suddenly began counting page loads again. As I have been composing this page the blocking cookie spontaneously "reverted" (disappeared) for the second time this week. That makes twice this has happened in the year and a half that I have been using StatCounter and praising it for what has been excellent service until late.

Check back for further updates to "Since I Began the Wiki Watchdog". It might prove highly instructive to see where this goes.

No comments: