Intro. According to its creator, Trlokom:
SpyWall is the first true browser firewall and most powerful anti-spyware solution in the market. It sandboxes Internet Explorer to block spyware/rootkits/keyloggers from infecting and damaging your computer.
- Scan and clean spyware and rootkits;
- Monitor employee Web usage;
- Block Web based attacks;
- Block spyware sites;
- Block download of executable content without user permission; and,
- Prevent modification of key registry items.
Remote management features are included for administrators of area networks. Trlokom's SpyWall is available free on a 15-day trial basis.
According to a September 2005 review at IT Observer:
More sophisticated features are DLL usage monitor that examines which DLLs are loaded by the web browser, and a file system access monitor that can limit access to file systems that the web browser is allowed.
Latest Version Covered: 220.127.116.11
File Size: 3.86 MB.
File Name: spywall_installer.exe.
Most recent update: approx. 02/16/07
Compatible Operating Systems: -- SpyWall is an Internet Explorer add-on.
Compatible Browsers: -- SpyWall is an Internet Explorer add-on.
- "Trlokom, Inc.'s SpyWall took top honors in the Enterprise Security category of Datamation's Product of the Year 2006 awards."
- Advanced features may require a higher level of knowledge than the average user possesses.
- To remove Aurora or Cool Web Search: "Run the regular scan and enable the "System Freeze" option after the scan. Delete all malicious entries found by SpyWall. Audit the BHOs and "Startup" area. Delete the entries you find suspicious. Click on the "Reboot now" button."
- The following is SpyWalls key file and its location: C:\Program Files\SpyWall\ TrlIETool.dll.
- Example Spywall logs are available at Trlokom's SpyWall forum. The logs clearly require a level of familiarity with the files resident in the user's system.
- This software should not be confused with ContraVirus's Spywall software.
Latest Version. SpyWall can be downloaded from the following locations:
Previous Versions. Previous versions of SpyWall can be downloaded from the following locations:
Other VGS Freeware/Trialware Information Pages: